Monday, February 22, 2021

Monday Musing--What Do You Think?


I was talking to a friend about this recently and want your opinion. 

If you have a favorite author who is outspoken politically, and their political views are the opposite of yours, (meaning they speak negatively about the politician, platform, or party that you belong to) and they do it regularly on their social media channels, does that affect you wanting to buy/read their books? 

The discussion I had with my friend was along the lines of the author has a right to express their views, of course, but when you have branded your books with your name, will you alienate readers by expressing political opinions? What do you think? (And I'm not looking for political debate at all, because this is a safe space for everyone, I really just want your preferences and opinions as to how your reading time and dollars are affected, if at all, in this situation.)

No comments: