Tuesday, February 16, 2021

A Snowy (and a Little Scary) Icy Cold Morning


 I had to drive my daughter to school this morning and the roads were REALLY icy! It was cold and snowy and I was worried about getting there safely. I pulled into the carpool area of the school and someone had parked their car on the edge of the parking lot---in the perfect spot to be hit if anyone started sliding on the icy pavement. I slowed down until I was barely moving because I didn't want to hit that car! And I didn't. But my heart was in my throat the entire time and adrenaline started pumping through my veins when I fishtailed a bit. What a way to start the day!

Once I was home, I curled up under a warm blanket and drank some of my favorite raspberry hot chocolate to warm me up on the inside. I admit, I wasn't very motivated to begin my to-do list for the day. And I may or may not have started Jennifer Peel's new book, All's Fair in Love and Blood instead. It really sucked me in and was definitely a better start to my day. 

Is it cold where you are? How are you handling it? Reading any good books lately?

No comments: