Thursday, April 19, 2012

I Need Your Opinion About Something

So my one year anniversary of having this blog is coming up on May 1st. It's hard to believe it's already been a year! I want to do something to celebrate, but I want to ask your opinion.

If I were to have a blogaversary party, complete with prizes and games, what do you think would be a fun prize? Obviously since we're mostly writers and readers that gather here, I'm thinking along the lines of things like books.

However, I am wondering if I did that, what would you like more?

Offering my own books?

A book basket with two or more books in it?

A book lovers box with a book, blanket, and dessert?

Would you prefer other authors' books?

I've also offered a free first chapter critique before. Is that something you would like?

What about a free pass for your first page critique to be bumped to the front of the line that can be held until you need it?

Do you have any other ideas for prizes that readers/writers would enjoy?

I've also been kicking around a few ideas for games that day and really want to make it fun for everyone and something you'll tell your friends about, so any opinions will be appreciated, especially on the prizes, and of course what you think is lame and overdone so I can stay away from that.

So please, give me your opinions. I'm ready.

Thank you. :)

12 comments:

Janice Sperry said...

Do them all! :) (And if you can pull some strings from a former froggy blog mate and get an ARC from Rob Wells, no one would complain.)

Congratulations on blogging for a whole year! That's a great accomplishment.

Randy said...

Getting a critique bumped to the front of the pack sounds great. And congratulations on blogging for a year. I love your blog.

Melanie Goldmund said...

I personally wouldn't go for the blanket part of the book lovers box, but that's just me, because I live in a different country and it would be more difficult for me to transport a blanket in a suitcase! Of course it depends on how big the blanket is, and how heavy. But dessert sounds good, too! But basically, I love books, and I think they are the perfect prize. I'd love to see yours as prizes, but also those of other authors (except pure romance, sorry, but again, that's just me, and of course the final choice is up to you.)

I definitely second Janice's hope of getting an ARC from Rob Wells! And/or maybe one from Dan Wells, too!

My pessimistic side is saying, "Now, watch, I'll participate and win exactly that one book by Julie that I already have!" (On the Edge.) :D

Debra Erfert said...

Wow . . . a whole year? I can't believe it's been that long. Time has flown, at least for me. I guess it shows I'm getting older.

I say amen to the comments above. How can I help? (I always say that. It's in my nature. (But I mean it!))

Lexie@BookBug said...

Well since I already own all of your books I would love any other LDS fiction books as prizes!!

Debra Erfert said...

That's a good point, Lexie.

Julie, I bought a couple extra "Variant" by Robison Wells during the book bomb and I'd be willing to donate one to your anniversary party...if you want. Let me know through my email.

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

Thanks everyone. Can I just say I have the most amazing readers around? It's TRUE! Appreciate your opinions. Now to plan the party . . . *rubs hands together*

Tamera Westhoff said...

I would love yours and/or other author's books! You could always do something fun like the grand prize winner gets their name put in a book too.

Unknown said...

I would love the book options. I've already got all of yours, but Any other books would work for me.

Kaye P. Clark said...

I love your blog! You do such a great job. I thought you'd been blogging for years because it's so good. (Helpful, informative, interesting and fun!) I think the free first chapter critique would be awesome.

Jon Spell said...

She has been posting for years, but it's been a year since she started posting to this one every day instead of the group blog where she posted once a week.

I'd enjoy trying out a short writing contest as part of the blogtivities. For prizes... hmm, I guess it depends on how much you want to do. I think getting a very minor character in one of your books would be fun. How about an offer of: send me a laundry list of questions and I'll answer them? (Oh, wait, you probably already do that.) First chapter critique sounds lovely. How about a smaller party pack like those Kerry put together? Treats, pencils, maybe a small pocket notebook, signed glamour photo, ice sculpture in a baggie, you know, the usual things.

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

Gussie, Jon's right, I was part of the SixLDSWriters and a Frog blog for five years before I started this blog a year ago. Both have been amazing experiences. :) I'm so glad you like me. You really, really like me. :)

I have so many great ideas and prizes. I hope you'll all stop back next week and participate!