Thursday, July 1, 2021

Happy Canada Day!



I love being Canadian and today is Canada Day! Woohoo! As you all know, I love my Canadian food like Caramilk, All-Dressed chips, and poutine. I'm so grateful that my mom still sends me care packages so I can share all the yumminess. And I am so glad to be able to teach my kids about their Canadian heritage and have some traditions around it.

So, in order to celebrate today, here are some fun facts about Canada for you!

Canada is the largest country in the Western hemisphere and the second largest country in the world after Russia and borders only one country, the United States of America!
Canada has the longest coastline in the world with 202,080 km/ 125,567 miles.

More than half of all the lakes in the world are located in Canada! The country counts more than 3 million lakes and 31,700 big lakes with an area over 300 hectares. Canada also includes two of the biggest lakes in the world: Great Bear Lake and Great Slave Lake.

And did you know that there are several famous Canadians in the Marvel Universe? Evangeline Lily (Ant Man and the Wasp), Ryan Reynolds (Deadpool), Ellen Page (X-men), Cobie Smulders (The Avengers), Rachel McAdams (Dr. Strange).

There are also some famous Canadian musicians like Drake, Justin Beiber, Michael Buble, Shawn Mendes, Alanis Morisette, Avril Lavine, Sarah Mclachlan, Rush, Neil Young, Celine Dion, Shania Twain, Rush, Barenaked Ladies, Bryan Adams, Leonard Cohen, The Weekend, and The Guess Who.

Also, three of my favorite actors, Keanu Reeves, Kiefer Sutherland, and Nathan Filliion are Canadian!

So Happy Canada Day to all of you!

No comments: