Thursday, December 17, 2020

Feeling Grateful Today For Books and YOU!


When I was young, our family moved around a lot, which meant I changed schools a lot. Being the "new girl" so often was hard for an introvert like me. Books became my refuge and getting lost in the stories was something I could always count on. Sometimes the best part of my day was opening a book! 

I got to share that love of story when I became a mom, reading to my kids, having Bellon Family Book Club, and even the excitement when they finally turned five and could go to the library and get their very own library card! Some of my best memories are staying up late with them to read one more chapter together or just listening to their dad read their bedtime story to them. I loved all of it. (And still do with my younger ones.) 

Of course, becoming a published author was a dream come true and I have 24 books out now. And while holding my books in my hand is still pretty thrilling, the best part of being an author is all the people I've met. Those in the military, medical, and legal professions who I so admire and who helped me make my stories authentic, those critique partners and beta readers who became friends, and those who have loved my books and reached out with sweet words that I hold very dear.

Books are amazing. They can be an escape when you have to stay home, a friend when you feel alone, and a pathway to new thoughts and experiences. I am SO grateful for books in my life. And I'm even more grateful for those of you I've met because of our mutual love of books.

I hope we all get the books we want under the tree this year. And that I can get to know you even better as we start 2021!

No comments: