Thursday, September 18, 2014

Sometimes Life Is Overwhelming

This has been a super busy week for me.  I've been running people around to various activities, trying to make sure everyone is where they need to be, while doing my own to do lists, and trying to can a bushel of tomatoes.  (I haven't even touched the apples yet, but they are sitting there waiting to be made into applesauce.)

Every day my to do list seems to grow longer, in spite of my best efforts to shorten it, and I admit, I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed.  Monday night I was so exhausted after I'd finished helping my daughter with homework, that all I could think about was climbing into my bed.  My little girl was busy doing one more thing, and I saw her tape something to my door.  It was this:


Honestly, that little note made me tear up because I needed it.  Being a mom is hard sometimes, but notes like this make it worth it.

Then, today, my older daughter shared this video with me.  It's a little long, but oh so worth it.


It was just what I needed to hear.  My efforts aren't in vain.  Even though I don't get to every item on my to do list, hopefully I'm getting to the important ones.

If you've ever felt overwhelmed, or maybe like you were a failure, this is definitely the video for you.  

1 comment:

Debra Erfert said...

Good video, long, but good. I guess I misunderstood who that first text was from. I thought it was from her husband and he was on a trip.