Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Instead Of Writing (Recipe Included!)

So, this is what I've been doing instead of writing.


I was given a bushel of tomatoes and so I made the most amazing chili sauce you've ever tasted. My house smelled so wonderful!

I am definitely feeling the writing bug again, though, and I have my critique group coming over tomorrow night, so I'll definitely be motivated for a word count!  How did you do this week?

And if you are interested, here's my recipe.

Super Awesome Super Easy Chili Sauce

24-30 ripe tomatoes--skinned
8 large onions, chopped
3 green peppers, chopped
3 cups vinegar
3 tsp. salt
3 cups sugar
1 tsp. allspice
1 tsp. cinnamon

Boil all together until as thick as desired.

5 comments:

Jon Spell said...

How do you skin a tomato?

Do you use a tool like you'd use with a peach or a potato? Or is there some kind of boiling/blanching technique or other form of kitchen magic?

Sounds very tasty. =)

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

I just blanch them for five minutes in boiling water, then the skins just come right off.

Excited for the Castle premiere?

Debra Erfert said...

Oh! Good! I was hoping you'd post the recipe! thanks.

Jon Spell said...

>> I just blanch them for five minutes in boiling water, then the skins just come right off.

Just like with human corpses! =O

Very excited for Castle + your write ups. =) We tried out a new show this week, Mysteries of Laura, with Debra Messing. It's a procedural with humor. Not convinced it's a keeper. There are a few others I'm going to try out, too.

Trying to watch Bron/Broen at the moment. I'm almost done with the first ep and it's a little bit hard to determine what's going on. It's a Danish/Swedish production - both languages are spoken, with subtitles! The premise is that a body is arranged on a bridge, exactly across the line of demarcation between Denmark and Sweden (with a disturbing twist) that essentially forces police from both countries to work together on the case.
Interesting enough so far. So many questions!

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

Ew, that Sweden one sounds so creepy!

I haven't seen any new shows I want to watch, and I'm sort of disappointed with the spoilers coming out for Hawaii Five-O. Sigh. The Blacklist still looks good, but Castle definitely looks the best! Let me know if you find any good ones for sure.