Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Word Count Wednesday

I'm drafting away like a good little writer.  It's been a good week for me.  At least 4000 words.  (Considering it's summer, all the kids home, yada yada, that's a good count.)  The thing I like about drafting is even though I've outlined, the story is taking a twisty direction and I like where it's going.  Bart is a very gray character with a past, so I like the discovery part of it.  And my heroine?  Yeah, love her so far.  We'll see how long the good feelings last.  Usually by revisions, I hate them.  Haha.

How did you do this week?  Doing anything fun for the summer?  Writing every day?

4 comments:

rebecca h jamison said...

Hi Julie,

I'm trying to get back into writing on my WIP every day. I have a book coming out in August, so the editing is done. YAY! I think I need to hunker down now and set some goals--a little marketing and a lot of drafting. I know I can get a lot done this summer if I discipline myself.

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

The hardest thing is disciplining myself. Maybe I need to do a blog series on writing in the summertime or something. :)

Debra Erfert said...

A blog series on writing would be a great idea, Julie!

Congratulations on your book release this summer, Rebecca!

No word count for me, and I'm getting a little anxious about not writing anything.

rebecca h jamison said...

Thanks, Debra.

I like the idea of a series on writing in the summertime, Julie.