Monday, August 31, 2020

What's Really Important---the Life of a WriterMom

Here we are at the theater!

In the past ten days my new book was launched, my new podcast episode was produced, I wrote three chapters of a work-in-progress, and I recorded two class presentations for a writers conference that I'm teaching at. Whew!

Professionally, the last week and a half has been insanely busy. And I did all of that in between family stuff like birthdays, soccer games, playdates, back to school, sewing ribbons on ballet pointe shoes, having grandkids over and going back to a live theater production for the first time since the pandemic started. (We had bought season tickets.) So crazy! 

When I woke up this morning, I was tired. Like, I really want to go back to bed tired, but I have a lot to get done today, too, so I'm up. Then, my little boy cuddled up next to me on the couch and laid his head on my shoulder with a sleepy, "Love you, Mom." 

I hugged him close to me and everything else simply faded away. No to do lists in my head, no rushing off to the next thing. Just me and a little boy in my arms who is growing up way too fast. Honestly, that was exactly what I needed to start my week off right---a moment to remind me of what's really important. I'm feeling very blessed today.

No comments: