Friday, August 21, 2020

A Review That Touched Me


My book, The Viscount's Vow, got reviewed in Meridian Magazine and the reviewer's comments really touched me. She talked about how she had family members who suffered following their deployments to Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan and how she found my main character's emotions upon returning from the Napoleonic wars to be believable and have depth. That is probably one of the highest compliments I could receive.

There is something that draws me to military men and women who have sacrificed for a cause greater than themselves and what that sacrifice costs them, no matter the time period. It is a theme for a lot of my books and something that is close to my heart. I'm so glad this reviewer saw what I was trying to portray in my hero, that light can overcome darkness, but we have to let the light in and surround ourselves with people who see the light in us and want to help make it brighter.

Something we all need to remember occasionally, I think.

No comments: