Wednesday, June 13, 2018

When Writing At The Computer Isn't Working


Well, my work-in-progress is stalled. I just sit there and look at the computer screen and the words are not flowing.

I really hate it when that happens.

It's partly because it's summertime and my kids want to go out and do something. My writing time is limited more than usual, but it's also because my motivation seems to have taken a nose dive.

So, this is what I'm doing to combat my motivational issues. I'm going to long hand my story. I used to be a journalist and it's comfortable for me to write things out. I bought myself a little notebook and I've transferred in my character sketches and outline. So now I'm going to work on the story.

Wish me luck.

What do you do when you're not motivated?

2 comments:

Alyson said...

I usually pick another task that wil take me a certain amount of time (20 min for example) and complete that before attempting the original task.

Or I will tell myself just to do the task I have no motivation for for 10 min or so and by then I get involved enough to keep going.

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

That's a great idea. Thanks for the suggestions, Alyson!