Wednesday, June 28, 2017

What I'm Reading Wednesday



I've been reading mysteries lately, and the description for Heidi Ashworth's new regency mystery, The Devil in Beauty, had me intrigued!

It opened with a bang, a scarred hero with a troubled past. The characters in all of Heidi's books are well-drawn, but this one seems to be her best yet. I'm about halfway through, and I've hardly been able to put it down! I'll be sure to write a full review when I'm finished. This is one I think that historical fans will love!

Here's the back copy:

"Stab the body and it heals, but injure the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime."

Julian "Trev" Silvester, the Marquis of Trevelin, once had everything a gentleman could want--fortune, good looks, and enough charm to seduce the beautiful young ladies of the ton. But after a duel with a jealous duke leaves him disfigured, Trev is ostracized by those who once celebrated him. Though his life is irrevocably changed, Trev is still loyal to his friends. When Willy Gilbert is accused of murder and Lady Vawdrey's diamond necklace is stolen, he jumps at the chance to help them.

As the two cases merge, however, Trev finds an unlikely ally in Miss Desdemona Woodmansey. She's the only young lady who doesn't seem put off by his scar and the scandal of the duel. But as their investigation into the murder reveals just how treacherous the mask of polite society can be, both Trev and Desdemona are placed in grave danger. Trev has already lived through the disgrace of a scandal, but can he survive a murderer who will do anything to protect a sinister secret?

You can download your Kindle copy here

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I confess, I am very fond of Trev. We have the best conversations.

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

I bet you have! :)