Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Word Count Wednesday

I'm still in edits, but my word count did pick up this week since I've added several new scenes.  I added a new character, too, that I'm excited about.  There's just something about breathing new life into a scene by adding a brooding, mysterious, Navy SEAL that makes me smile.  Can you tell I'm excited about the new character? Yeah. I am.

I also deleted a chapter which was hard because I liked that chapter a lot. But, alas, it's always the stuff I like that seems to get cut. Maybe I should add a deleted scenes page to my website for all of my beloved cut file stuff.

How did you do this week?

2 comments:

Debra Erfert said...

I wrote nothing this week--at all. I'm hoping this writer's retreat will change that. Wish me luck!

Jon Spell said...

Kill your darlings, right?

Glad you have something exciting to get your blood pumping!