Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Doing a Half-NaNo . . . Want to Join Me?

Want to see a great review I got this morning that made my whole day?  Go here  I can't seem to get the smile off my face.  :)

Well, as most of you know, I'm not going to win NaNo this year.  It was my first experience with it, and I learned a lot about myself and my writing capabilities.  I'm grateful for that.

I do want to at least accomplish a goal I've set for myself for writing in November.  Last week I set it at 25,000 words by midnight on Nov. 30.  Which is this Friday.  I currently have just over 19,000 words.
Which means I need to write about 2000 words a day until Friday.

In order to meet that goal, I will be sprinting tonight at 8 p.m. Mountain Standard.  I hope we can get some people to join us.  It's so much fun when there's someone else cheering you on.  We meet here and write for fifteen minutes, check in, then write again for fifteen minutes until the hour is up.  You get the idea.  I hope you come and I hope you can set a goal for yourself to reach by Friday. (You could put it in the comment trail for accountability if you like).  You know how I love to have people doing it with me.  It helps me feel like I'm not alone.

So make a goal and let's do it by Friday.  And come sprint with us tonight!  It'll be fun.

6 comments:

Janice Sperry said...

I am hoping to finish my rough draft before the end of November. I'm not sure if I'll be able to because we had an unexpected death in the family and I will be traveling to Idaho tomorrow for a funeral. I can't write while traveling so I'm not even planning on taking my laptop.

I will try to join in for the sprint tonight. It's right at the time when I put my kids to bed so I might just pop in late. :)

kristine N said...

Go Julie! I probably won't because that's just about bed time for kiddos, but if I can I'll join in a sprint. Or at least cheer you and any other participants on!

Half-nano's still pretty awesome.

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

I would love it if you guys pop in, but totally understand if you can't. It's my husband's night to put the kids to bed, so I get where you're coming from. :) I'll look for you, though.

Jon Spell said...

Sorry to hear that, Janice. =(

I've got just short of 5000 to go to hit my 1/3 NaNo (I'll have a half-calf, double decaf NaNo. With a twist of lemon.)

Lately, I have been able to manage 8PM for writing. I'll see if it works out tonight and join or cheer.

I just realized something last night. My original idea for this story was an action/adventure, but my outline didn't have a lot of spots for the action. Instead, I find that I hit a scene and the action just ... explodes into my vision and off it goes. It's really exciting and fun!

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

Janice, we will miss you and I'm so sorry!

Jon, I truly love action scenes. Someday I hope to read yours!

Debra Erfert said...

Even though I have reached my half-NaNo 25K goal already, I can pull out that manuscript and continue to write during a sprint tonight while my husband goes to his church meeting and I'll be alone! I'll put a post-it note up on my computer to remind me. It's a pretty shade of yellow--more of a banana hue than lemon.