Tuesday, July 18, 2023

My Accountability Post


Things are going really well with the Second Guess edit. I have 70 pages left to go and I'm feeling SO good about the story! It's been a little harder this week to just get my butt in the chair and work on it. I told myself I was only going to do one page, but of course as soon as I got going, I didn't want to stop. I really love Elliott and Eden's story. 

Here's a little bit of the scene I was working on:

"For just an instant in a small room in Syria with only one window, the sun’s rays shone on them, cutting the darkness that always seemed to follow her. It pushed away the shadows, showing her that there could be light. He lowered their hands, but didn’t let go, as if he felt the significance of the moment too. She moved forward, lessening any distance between them. His eyes dipped to her lips. The connection between them had been there from the start and it only seemed to be getting stronger, binding her to him in a way she couldn’t explain. Did she want him to kiss her? Usually, her mind weighed the consequences of any of her decisions within seconds, but right then, all she could think of was him. Them. Right now."

I can't wait to share the whole story with you!

No comments: