Thursday, February 10, 2022

Writer Perks!


I really love so many things about my job. I got to do a little class visit to 3rd graders to talk about imagination and writing and being a published author. It was SO fun! 

Kids that age are adorable and so full of stories and excitement over sharing things that matter to them. I loved all their energy as we wrote a story together about an adventure to the center of the earth to save an ancient artifact and meeting up with lava fish and a terrible lava monster! We were having such a great time building a story and learning together at the same time. 

I was able to bring each student a little "Survival Kit for Writers" with a notebook, pencil, bookmark, and candy for energy--all in a cute little bag. They loved it! 

I love being a writer and all the opportunities I've had to meet so many amazing people. There is no doubt in my mind one of those kids will be a New York Times bestseller someday!

No comments: