Tuesday, February 1, 2022

What's Your Definition of True Love?



With Valentine's Day coming up, I clicked over to a blog that was talking about love. Their definition of true love was "making the other person happy no matter what the cost." 

I've really been thinking a lot about that statement. I don't want to say the other person's definition is wrong, but in my heart, I don't think you can "make" another person happy. You can care about their happiness. You can do things that would bring them happiness. But you can't make them be happy. 

I have also been contemplating the phrase "no matter what the cost." Is there a limit to what I will do to show my husband I love him? If there is, does that mean it's not true love? For me, I think there are boundaries and if it is true love, your significant other won't ask you to cross them. 

What do you think? What's your definition of true love?

No comments: