Tuesday, August 10, 2021

It's a Girls Day!

Growing up I was a tomboy. I played every sport, took any dare, and hung out with the guys. Now, as a mother to a daughter who likes all the girly things, I'm not always sure how to go about this. She loves clothes shopping, for hours. In my world, the only thing I could shop for that would take hours and hours is books, haha. My daughter loves doing hair, makeup, and nails. I'm pretty easygoing when it comes to hairstyles and I do minimum makeup for the most part, but I have found that I really do like a good manicure! 

So, today, we went for manicures with my daughter and her three best friends. It was so fun to listen to them talk and laugh as they decided if they were going to match nail colors or designs and what clothing their nails would go with. I just loved the camaraderie of it all and that I got to be a part of it. Having pretty nails didn't hurt, either! I really think I might do this on a regular basis with my daughter and make some sweet memories with her. 

What about you? Do you love manicures? Do you have a regular girls day with friends/daughter/sisters? 

No comments: