Tuesday, May 26, 2020

A Little Excitement At Our House



I was getting ready for The Viscount's Vow book launch next week, when my husband came rushing upstairs. Our son had been in a car accident. Is there ever anything more scary when you're a parent and don't yet know how serious it is?

It turns out, he was at a complete stop when the car behind him slammed into him going the speed limit. (The older driver admitted he was distracted.) The force of the crash propelled our car into the one in front. So our car was sandwiched between the two---and it looked it.

Since then, our son has been fighting neck and back pain and headaches and the doctor diagnosed him with moderate whiplash. The car is also totaled. 

In spite of all that, I'm just so grateful that his injuries weren't worse with how smashed the car is, though whiplash isn't fun. It could have been so much worse.

I'm also very grateful for friends, family, and neighbors that reached out to ask about him---and me. My mama's heart might take a little time to recover as well!

No comments: