Monday, July 8, 2019

We Went to Toy Story 4, But I Was A Little Nervous To Go!


We took the kids to see Toy Story 4. I admit, I was a little nervous because it's the fourth in the series (what more could they do with the toys after the last one?) and I had heard that movie-goers would need tissues. (I have a hard time with sad movies!) But my kids really wanted to go so we took them.

After all my worrying, I was pleasantly surprised! They brought back all the beloved characters, even Don Rickles who played Mr. Potato Head, but had passed away. (They used archived footage and it was seamless.) The storyline was original and fun with so many laugh out loud moments with Woody and the new toy Forky. (I will never look at trash the same again!) Forky had all the best quotes of the movie, too. We also saw some great growth in Bo Peep as a strong woman which totally caught me by surprise, but I loved it!

Of course I also loved the addition of Keanu Reeves who played Duke Caboom, Canada's Greatest Stuntman. I'm glad they had a Canadian actor to play such a fun Canadian character. His backstory was sad, but his growth "arc" was sweet. And the posing! LOL

There were some wonderful themes of sacrifice and love, helping others, finding your true purpose and sometimes saying goodbye, but for me, there weren't any sad parts that would make me cry. It ended beautifully and I'm so glad I went.

Have you seen it? What did you think?

No comments: