Thursday, March 7, 2019

In the Non-Fiction Corner---Carried: How One Woman's Trust in God Helped Her Through the Unthinkable


 In the Non-Fiction Corner With Lauren


Who isn't a Piano Guys fan? They have millions of views and thousands of followers. So, when lead man Jon Schmidt's daughter went missing, people all over the world were watching the search unfold. Of course, I remember this as well, and I absolutely loved reading the behind-the-scenes look of what actually happened.

Who knew that Michelle Schmidt is such an amazing story teller?! She is such an incredible woman of faith, I deeply admire her after reading her story. She relied on the Lord so heavily, and she is so open and vulnerable in her book as she goes through the good and the bad, the challenges that brought their family together, and the unthinkable tragedy that they had to face. I particularly liked where Michelle said she knew her daughter was in a better place, and the peace that she felt. It made me hope that if my family faced a tragedy, we would have the faith to get us through.

More than anything, I feel like this book was a beautiful tribute to Annie's life. What an honor to her that her mother wrote her story and shared with the world what a light she was. I can only hope that if a book was written about me, people could find half as many things to say about me as they did about Annie. It sounds like she was a friend to everyone she met, and this book made me want to do a little better to reach out and be kind to the lonely or friendless, because you never know what it will mean to them.

You can get your copy here

Here's the back copy:

On October 19, 2016, Michelle Schmidt's plane landed in Oregon, where she was meeting her daughter, Annie, for a camping trip. But Annie didn't show up at the airport to pick up her mother as planned.

Thus began a season of searching and coming up short, of miracles and frustrations, of love poured out and faith tested, until Annie's body was finally discovered more than three weeks later in the Columbia River Gorge, where she had fallen while hiking.

As Annie's mother opens her heart to tell her story, her husband's story (Jon Schmidt of The Piano Guys), and Annie's story, she writes: "It is my hope that my journey of being tutored by God to trust Him more not only through the loss of Annie but through some of my most vulnerable and personal past experiences will be the means of bringing strength and hope to anyone suffering at this time".

When the unthinkable happened, Michelle Schmidt made a choice: to trust in God. This remarkable book will give readers the courage and inspiration to make that same choice.

No comments: