Tuesday, October 23, 2018

He's Home!


I spent a lot of today watching my missionary son's flight from Madrid, Spain as it crossed the ocean and then crossed the country. Oh, and painting that awesome banner! (Didn't it turn out great? I was really proud of that.) I hadn't seen my son in two years and I could wait to go to the airport and pick him up.

I had so many emotions running through me! The last two years had gone by so fast, but when I stood at the bottom of the escalator and saw him for the first time, it hit me in that moment how long it had truly been since I'd been able to see him with my own two eyes and to hug him. You better believe I hugged him so tight and I didn't want to let go! (But TSA was right behind me telling us to get behind the barricade, so I had to. LOL) It was the best day to be with him again, though.

I really love the missionary program and I'm grateful for my son's service to the people of Spain. He was sad to leave and can't wait to go back to visit. But for now, I am overjoyed to have my entire family together again. It's the best feeling in the world!

No comments: