Thursday, July 12, 2018

How I Dealt With My Kids Saying Mom I'm Bored

I don't know about your kids, but my little ones come to me several times a day and say, "Mom, I'm bored." I tell them all the extra chores they could do around the house, but they always want to do something "fun." But sometimes it's hard to think of anything fun that doesn't involve screens and we go round and round. Every. Day.

So, I decided to do something a little different and I made a list and put it on the front of the refrigerator. It's 27 things they can do if they are bored. I'm pretty proud of it and so far it's WORKING! When the kids have said, "Mom, I"m bored," I've pointed them toward the refrigerator and they've actually done quite a few things on the list. It's been so fun! I can't believe I didn't I think of this before. So simple and yet so wonderful.

Here's my list:


Do you have something to help keep your bored kids busy this summer?

3 comments:

Heidi Reads... said...

Thank you!!! I needed this.

Heather said...

Great ideas on your list! Thanks for sharing.

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

You are welcome Heidi and Heather! :)