Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Word Count Wednesday

I did SO AWESOME this week if I do say so myself.  I got in over 4000 words and got an outline done of my new novel! Yay!

I'm going on my writing retreat this weekend, though, and I'm a tad nervous. What if I can't write all day? What if I sit and look at a blank screen all weekend?  Or what if I go through my writing snacks on the first day and we're in the middle of nowhere with no way to get any more?  So many what ifs.

Have you been to a writing retreat? Any advice?  How did you do this week?

2 comments:

Jon Spell said...

I would be very curious to hear your report of the retreat, because I know you'll be honest and share both the good and bad parts. To me, it sounds very daunting. As a concept, it seems like a great idea: full-time writing, none of the usual distractions, how much writing could you get done in those circumstances?

I would probably find new distractions. ;)

Debra Erfert said...

I'm waiting to hear how your retreat goes, too. I wasn't all that impressed with mine. I did get writing done, but the sleep was lousy.

I haven't kept track of my actual word count since the last time, but I'm working on the climax--maybe the last ten pages. And then I need to write a prologue to wrap things up. I'm jazzed about this, although we're signing our loan/mortgage documents for our new house on Monday, which means the next couple of weeks we'll be moving, and I won't know how much writing I'll get done, if any.