Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Traditions

It's Christmas Eve! The day when the anticipation has reached its peak. Yay!

Our family tradition is to spend time with family and my husband's parents always do a "toilet paper roll." That means that Grandma rolls up little gifts inside a toilet paper roll (it's a ginormous roll at the end) and then all the kids sit in a circle and it gets unrolled and whatever gifts land in front of the child, that's what they get to take home. So much fun!

I also listen to my favorite Christmas songs.  There are so many great hymns out there, but my favorite fun Christmas song is this one.




(Is it bad that I hope it's in your head all day? *grins*)


I was reading a bit this morning and found this article by Jason Wright with different holiday traditions.  Some of these were so fun and unusual! If you want to read them all, click here (I especially liked the Timmy one, haha!)

Do you have any fun Christmas traditions? What are you doing today?

1 comment:

Debra Erfert said...

We're over at our son's and daughter-in-law's home visiting with our 6-month-old granddaughter. Yes, we've said "hi" to her parent's too, just to be nice. lol. This afternoon I'll roast a turkey, make dressing, potatoes, and a lot more food, and this evening we'll sit down and eat till we sleep. We're just developing new traditions since our sons got married. Things change. We'll adapt.

Merry Christmas!