Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Supporting the Cause of Literacy


As most of you know, I am a big advocate of libraries and literacy.  I think that libraries are the great equalizer in that everyone has access to the same knowledge and information, no matter what, when they hold a library card.  So I do what I can to support libraries.  

Tomorrow I will be signing my books and participating in a silent auction to benefit the Pleasant Grove Library.  If you are a literacy advocate and want to help, I hope you'll join me!

Multi-author Book Signing & Silent Auction (Proceeds to benefit the Pleasant Grove Library)

August 1st from 7:00-9:00 p.m.
Come join your favorite local authors at the Pleasant Grove City Library (30 E. Center Street) and support the cause of literacy!

Some authors that will be appearing are:
  • Julie Coulter Bellon
  • Monique Bucheger
  • Rachelle Christensen
  • Loralee Evans
  • Julie N. Ford
  • Nichole Giles
  • Heather Justesen
  • Angie Lofthouse
  • Heather (H.B.) Moore
  • L.L. Muir
  • Andrea Pearson
  • Tristi Pinkston

4 comments:

Debra Erfert said...

There are so many times this past year that I wished that I lived in Utah. I feel so isolated down here in southern Arizona.

Good luck with your event! I wish you much success!

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

Debra, I wish you lived closer, too! Next time you're up this way, let's do something, okay? :)

Jon Spell said...

Dang, I would totally come but that timeframe is not good for me. =( I wonder if I could sneak in for ten minutes at the very beginning then rush on home.

I can't picture where the PG Library is. Is it just a block or so east of the Sammy's?

Hmmm, I'm guessing they wouldn't let me bring a milkshake in; do you have a favorite chocolate brand or anything?

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

Jon, it is a block east of the Sammy's. :)

Well, since you asked, you could always sneak me in some peanut M&Ms. *deep sigh* *stands* My name is Julie Bellon and I am an chocoholic.