Monday, July 16, 2012

Do You Have a Lucky Writing Shirt?

Well, I'm back to the grindstone today, doing a few more edits.  I have critique group this week so I want to be prepared.

Unfortunately, I need a little extra motivation today.  I'm just not feeling super-thrilled about editing for some reason.  I know, it's a shocker, isn't it.

So, in order to get in the mood, I've got my playlist, and I pulled out my lucky shirt.  It's a ratty old shirt, but for some reason, I've done my best writing while wearing it and today I need it's magic.

Do you have a lucky writing shirt?  Writing sock?  Writing hat?  Anything lucky you like to write with?

5 comments:

Jon Spell said...

Writing bulletproof vest?

Sorry, nothing like that. I used to know people who would have lucky dice and would go through all sorts of rituals that would put an OCD sufferer to shame. (Hmm, come to think of it...)

If I had to pick a lucky item that would help me write, it would be a lucky Cone of Silence. ;)

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

LOL Jon, at first when I read cone of silence I imagined those poor dogs with cones on their heads and then I remembered those are cones of shame. HAHA!

C. Michelle Jefferies said...

I have to have my series bible within hands reach. It is the basis of all my writing. If I lost it, I'd die. Seriously.

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

Michelle, maybe you should write your series bible on a shirt. Then you could wear it! :)

Jon Spell said...

Cone of Silence from Get Smart ;)

And when you write it on your shirt, write it upside down so that you can look down and read it while you're wearing it.