Monday, January 23, 2012

The Dreaded Monday

Well, today is the dreaded Monday. After a wonderful, almost-relaxing weekend, I had to get up today and face the house, the paper, and the kids.

So, you know what we did? We used the Flylady fifteen minutes and the two kids I have at home during the day helped me "clean" fifteen minutes in each room. Then, when we were done, we spent fifteen minutes playing a game and repeated. They shockingly both went down for a nap at the same time and I got some work done on my manuscript AND I went through an entire box of paper.

It feels good.

Sometimes being a mom feels monotonous, but today, I feel productive and that makes me feel happy. And I have happy kids because Mom had fun playing with them today.

How do you get rid of the monotonous feeling we sometimes get in our lives?

3 comments:

Debra Erfert said...

I haven't the foggiest idea! I'm glad you found a way, though.

Sarah Tokeley said...

If it's not a dumb question, what's a Flylady?

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

Sarah, that's not a dumb question at all! I shouldn't have assumed everyone knows what Flylady is. She's a lady who helps people who weren't born organized to get organized. I love her program because she just picks you up right where you are and gives you guidelines so you can fit them to your life. You can go to www.flylady.net if you want to check it out. :)