Wednesday, June 2, 2021

I Am SO Glad It's June

I don't know about you, but May was an incredibly busy month for me. Professionally, I'm working on my new book, researching a lot, and proofing an audio book (The Viscount's Vow. I'm so excited for this one!)

Personally, we had a LOT of family events. A baby shower, a baby blessing, Mother's Day, a birthday, a high school graduation, a year-end dance recital, and seemingly never-ending year-end activities for elementary, junior high and high school. We left for a family getaway right after school got out and I can't tell you how badly I needed that vacation. I was so tired. 

That family trip was everything I needed. I had almost all of my children and grandchildren there (and missed dearly the ones who couldn't come!) but we sat by the pool, we fed goats, we rode a train, we had picnics, walked in nature, visited a zoo and rode the carousel, stayed up late and played board games, and just enjoyed being together and laughing until our sides hurt. It was just the recharge that I needed and I'm starting to feel more like myself again!

We just got back and I don't mind telling you I'm having a hard time getting back to work and real-life. I think I'll take one more day of relaxation before I dive in again. 

Do you have any fun vacation/stay-cation plans this summer?  

1 comment:

Kambria said...

I have a brother and his family that lives in south eastern Utah, we plan to make a couple trips to visit them. It’s something we do frequently enough it’s a home away from home and we love to spend time with them.