Monday, April 13, 2020

Missing My Hawaii Five-0

It's been over a week since the series finale and I'm really missing the show! Since we're still in quarantine, I decided to watch the first season over again. It's sort of fun to see all the little details now that we know the end from the beginning.

For example, a detail that popped out to me was when Steve has to go into work after waking up with Cath (our first time seeing them together) Danny comments on Steve smiling & how truly happy he seems. He started out smiling because of Cath & ended the series the same way. They were bookends!

Then, when Steve is handling the hostage situation on the USS Missouri, Danny is investigating the murder--and on his own calls Catherine in to help. That made me smile! I didn't remember he just did that on his own. 

On the episode where we meet Nick Taylor, one of Steve's SEAL friends (and the first time someone calls him Smooth Dog), it was sad to realize that even from the beginning most of his SEAL friends ended up dead or a bad guy. I always wished Steve had more friends that were good, you know?

The one I watched last night had a scene in the car where Steve turns on the radio and Sexy Eyes by Dr. Hook is playing. Danny hates it, but Steve thinks it's "catchy." Made me laugh. They didn't turn the radio on in the car that often!

The thing I've noticed watching these episodes is that the show had a different feel back then. There was a lot more scenery shots and the music seemed edgier to me. Steve seems lighter and it's fun to see the chemistry between Steve, Danny, Kono, and Chin working as a team. Those were fun times! 

Are any of you binge watching previous seasons of the show? 

No comments: