Thursday, January 3, 2019

What Makes It Worth It

I got an email today from someone who had read my book, Truth or Dare. She talked about how much the story meant to her, especially showing that there is life after an amputation, because her son is facing that very thing. I got all weepy reading the email because being an author isn't an easy thing. It's long hours, with a lot of research, revision and sometimes rejection. I did a lot of research on amputees and prosthetics when I wrote Truth or Dare and I gained a lot of respect for anyone who has to go through that. But when I read that email, everything hard thing that went into bringing that story to life faded away. Just knowing that my story touched and helped another person makes it all worth it.

Thank you to my readers. You are the reason I do what I do.

No comments: