Thursday, July 21, 2016

Trying New Things & A Sneak Peek



As some of you know, I've been toying with the idea of writing a romance with no suspense elements in it for a long time. I just wasn't sure if I could do it. But then I got asked to be in Under the Mistletoe: Timeless Romance Anthology to write a romance novella and after that experience I knew I could do it. I was still nervous, though, since I usually write romantic suspense. Doing a full length romance novel would be a big departure for me. But I'm six chapters into my new novel now and so far I'm really enjoying it.

Here's a sneak peek of the first paragraph:
The sun peeked out from between the clouds, adding light to the somber cemetery gray all around her. When Victoria Newel had buried her husband exactly a year ago, it had rained and she was glad. No one had questioned why she wasn’t crying and the raindrops hid her lack of feeling as she let them run down her face instead of salty tears.
It makes me nervous and excited to share, but mostly excited. I hope my fans will embrace this new endeavor for me. What's that old saying? Life begins at the end of your comfort zone? Well, maybe my writer life is beginning to go in a new direction. We shall see.  But thank you all for your support, your emails, and for being the best fans an author can have. I am trying new things and it feels good!

No comments: