Wednesday, June 8, 2016

What I'm Reading Wednesday




With it being summer break, the Bellon Family Book Club has commenced! Each of us are reading our books faithfully each day so we can go to the ice cream shop at the end of the week and discuss them. I have to say, I look forward to this club every year and now that my little ones are getting bigger, I know it's going to be even more fun!

This week I've been reading On the Edge: How My Crappy Job Changed My Life by Stuart Edge. Since I have a fiction book called On the Edge, I thought it only fitting that I read a non-fiction book with the same title. I didn't know who Stuart Edge was, but it says he's a Youtube video sensation so I looked him up and he has some really funny videos out there!

This was one of my favorites:


Aww, isn't it cute?

His book is cute, too, and actually quite motivational. I've just finished Part 1, giving some background into his life about how he dealt with his anxiety and why his family moved to Mexico and what gave him the foundation for the path he took as an adult. It's an easy read, honest and kind of quirky. I like that his personality comes through, and he has little motivational sticky note things interspersed throughout the chapters. I'm excited to see how it all ends and how this Youtube sensation really came about!

You can get your Kindle copy here

Here's the back copy:

“I think my video just went viral.”

Stuart Edge had a crappy run of things, including his parents’ divorce, anxiety, moving to Mexico and not speaking the language, and a job cleaning porta-potties. But instead of slowing him down, these struggles gave him the inspiration he needed to pursue his daydream—creating videos.

Now a YouTube sensation, Stuart shares his secrets to success and reveals his conversion from self-conscious to confident. For Stuart, being true to his beliefs has made all the difference.

No comments: