Wednesday, May 25, 2016

What I'm Reading Wednesday--I'MPossible



I received this book I'MPossible by Jeff Griffin and I have to confess, I haven't been able to put it down. It starts out with the author looking out over Mount Everest and thinking about his challenges and how we all have our disabilities, whether they be something the eye can see or not. Then we find out how he was paralyzed during a summer job and how much his life changed---and how his attitude changed. I can't even imagine going through what he did and yet, it put him on a course that wouldn't have otherwise been possible.

The author has an easy writing style and doesn't sugar coat the truth. There is so much more to his story than simply encouraging others to keep trying. Mr. Griffin is coming from a place of learning because of his experiences and he shares in a non-preachy way how his challenges can relate to you and help you overcome your own.

This story is engaging and one I know I will read over the invitations and commitments again to apply them in my own personal journey. I think you'll really enjoy this one as well.

You can get your copy here

Here's the back copy:

The sun's rays filtered in from the partially opened shades of the plane. They lit up the world in front of me and warmed my soul, knowing I was almost to my destination. The beautiful golden light replaced the grey and hazy cobwebs from my eyes, revealing the most spectacular scene I had ever seen in my entire life. I looked out the small seven-inch window and witnessed something that I'll never forget! I beheld something in this magnificent world that the majority of people never get to see. I was looking out at Mount Everest, the world's highest peak!

I was at the tail end of a three-flight journey with two layovers in between, nearly logging twenty-four hours of flight time. I hadn't gotten any real sleep in the last thirty-six hours. My bloodshot eyes were heavy, my mind was slow and sluggish, and my body was even slower in response. How did I get here? I thought to myself. Am I d-r-e-a-m-i-n-g?

As Lao and Confucius once said, “A journey of one-thousand miles begins with one step.” My story is about inspiring you to take your own journey one step at a time. It's about dreaming and accomplishing the impossible. It's not only about aiming for the sky and reaching for the stars but enjoying the journey along the way.

Begin your personal journey today, press forward to the top, and don't you ever stop. As you move toward your dreams, there will be obstacles and setbacks along the way; don't be afraid. You can get to the top of your world by following the signs and guide posts within these pages. You can do it with others! You can do it with me! We can do it together, one step at a time!

No comments: