Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Christmas Fun---What Have You Done?

Since my entire family is home for Christmas break we've been doing fun Christmas things. We went to see the new Star Wars movie (loved it!) and while that isn't exactly Christmas-y, I'm counting it since we were together.

We've been to see Christmas lights, including several houses in our city that have lights set to music.

We've made Christmas ornaments and made gingerbread houses.

I helped my little ones write Christmas cards to older people in our neighborhood and deliver them with a small treat.

And we're using that book I talked about on Monday, All About Christmas, with jokes and Christmas trivia in it. It's been a lot of fun!

We've gone sledding, although I just watched. It was cold!

We've made all different kinds of hot chocolate to see which flavor we like the best. (I'm still a cherry chocolate lover).

We've watched Christmas movies (Elf is my favorite).

And we've wrapped gifts we got for brothers and sisters and for our Sub for Santa kids. That was probably the most fun of all, the feeling we got as we talked about what our gift recipient would think when they opened it.

The big day is just around the corner and I'm nearly as excited as my kids. How are you handling Christmas break/days leading up to Christmas? Have you done anything fun?

No comments: