Thursday, July 23, 2015

Is It Procrastination If It's Productive?


As you all know, I've been on a writing deadline for that novella.  Oddly, the closer my deadline gets, the more I feel like I need to deep clean my house, organize all my closets, and get out a crafty project that I gave up on years ago.

It's such a funny phenomena that I know other authors go through.  When they're supposed to be writing they're baking or on social media or starting a movie marathon.  Is it our creative brains telling us they need a break?

My family was surprised to see me cleaning like a madwoman when they knew I had some deadlines to meet, but I have to tell you, when I sat down in a very clean room, the words did flow better and I got more done.  So whatever message my brain is sending, it's one I'm glad I listened to.

And can you really call it procrastination if it's productive?

No comments: