Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Word Count Wednesday & Writing Sprints

I KILLED it this week. I found a sprint partner and sprinted two nights this week that added 6288 words to my manuscript.  Then I buckled down on my own and added another 3222.  So BOOYAH! It's been a good work week for me. Over NINE THOUSAND WORDS. I kicked butt and I'm not going to lie, that feels really good.

I cannot even tell you how motivating it was to have that sprint partner.  I didn't realize how much I missed having that, and since I've been having a lot of trouble with this work in progress, it was just the kick in the butt I needed.

What about you? Do you find sprints motivating or is it too much pressure? How did you do this week?

3 comments:

Debra Erfert said...

Congrats on the words count. So envious. I only got 3,188 words in since last week. Although I did edit 5 chapters, and re-edit 2 other chapters. My first book launch is getting closer!

Sprinting is fun, even though I'm as slow as a turtle. You rock!

Jon Spell said...

"Like" =)

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

Debra, you usually kick my butt! And sounds like you're doing great work editing. Can't wait for your book launch!

Thanks, Jon. :)