Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Six LDS Writers & A Frog Return for Christmas

Many of you know that I was part of the Six LDS Writers and a Frog blog for five years.  (If you've never heard of us, you can go to the archives here)  The Six LDS writers that I was privileged to blog with were:

Sariah Wilson
Jeffrey Savage
Robison Wells
Stephanie Black
Kerry Blair

Some of those are pretty big names now.  Jeff Savage and Rob Wells are nationally renowned authors.  Stephanie Black is a three (or is it four) time Whitney Award winner.  Kerry Blair is a beloved best-selling author of many many books who just put out a new Christmas book.  Sariah started it all when she asked us to participate in the blog and she's making a name for herself in YA fiction now.  It is a great group.

Since we stopped blogging almost two years ago, I've had several emails asking if we would ever get back together again.  Doing a regular blog together probably will never happen again (lightning doesn't strike twice) but we have been able to put together a Christmas gift for our fans and all the old frog bloggers will be blogging right here on my blog next week!  I'm so excited.

And just to prime you for it, I have linked to some of my all-time favorite frog blogs.

Here's the one of mine I really liked.  Cuz I feel odd a lot.  Odd Day

My favorite interview (with Edward Cullen) by Robison Wells  Enough for Forever

Let Us All Press On Scattering Sunshine (get the tissues out for this one) The Year of the Rat by Kerry Blair (Or pretty much anything by Kerry Blair)

Why I Write by Jeff Savage. (He's always so inspiring.  Like a mentor who's always there.)

Sariah Wilson and Why I Love the Muppets  because I loved Beaker, too.

Stephanie Black's March of the Cheerio Monsters because it's funny.  And so her.

Man, I had so much fun going back through all our posts.  We are awesome and I can't wait for our mini-reunion next week.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

6 comments:

Debra Erfert said...

I can get totally lost in time going through the old frog blog posts. Five years worth! And of course I have to read the comments, too. That blog was my very first I ever read. I didn't know what a blog was before then. (Thanks, Kerry!) What an inspiration you six were, and still are!

Can't wait for next week.

Janice Sperry said...

I am so stoked for next week! I loved the Frog Blog. It was my first blog to follow too.

M. R. Buttars said...

Awesome old posts! I'm so sorry I wasn't in the blogging community when the frog blog was around. You guys rock! :D

Melanie Goldmund said...

I still miss the Frog Blog sometimes, so I'll be looking forward eagerly to this mini-reunion!

Shanda said...

How fun! I love cast reunions. Looking forward to next week. :)

Stephanie Black said...

Julie, it'll be so fun to blog with you and the Frog Gang again!