Thursday, May 31, 2012

JumpStartWriMo Starts Tomorrow! And Musings on Motherhood

Okay, you guys, I have decided to do the JumpStartWriMo for the month of June.  I am so excited to share this with all of you.

As you know, I have had trouble finishing/editing this story and I have two more I want to dive into.  So, all this month I am going to have us state our goals for the month, provide motivation, guest authors, incentives, sprint writing, and more.  Ms. Shreditor has said she will check in with us and offer help where she can and I'm really excited about some of the other guests I've lined up.  I hope you'll participate and tell your friends.  We're starting tomorrow!



I'd also like to tell you about a compilation of essays I just finished reading, "Musings on Motherhood" by Susan Law Corpany.   You all know I'm the mother of eight and mothering for me is wonderfully chaotic.  These essays are fun and touching, with some great insights into what motherhood is when you're in the trenches.

(Susan was a single mom, a stepmom, and a grandmother and shares stories from all those stages of her life.)  Seriously, some of them are laugh out loud funny and some are so poignant, the emotion just jumps off the page.  Well worth the 0.99 on Amazon.  And while Mother's Day is over, it would still be a quick, fun read for any mothers that you know.  Or for yourself. 

Here's the back copy:

This humorous book about mothers in all their varieties is one woman's journey from devoted daughter to loving mother to non-wicked stepmother to well-intentioned mother-in-law to doting grandmother. Humorous and heartwarming, like a warm fuzzy pair of slippers with a lollipop stuck to them.

4 comments:

Janice Sperry said...

Yay! JumpStartWriMo! I'm so there! June is going to be awesome!

C. Michelle Jefferies said...

I need to write my YA scifi/steampunk. It's just sitting there waiting for me to open it up. I also need to do a one last read of my #2 tech suspense (checking one major plotline) and check for errors and typos. I have alot to do but also have the older kids to keep the littlest one from killing himself.

Jon Spell said...

I will participate!

My goal: 30 minutes of dedicated writing per day. (Hey, this is big for me!)

This feels realistic, if a little bit of a stretch. We'll see how it goes. I'll get everything prepped tonight and be ready to launch tomorrow! Fun!

Melanie Goldmund said...

Oh, hooray! My goal is to write a little bit each day on this short story that I've just started. I want to keep it to about 5000 words and get it ready to submit to Mindflights. So it's not quite a novel ... but at least it's a novel idea! :D (I hope, anyway.)

I really like reading Susan Law Corpany's columns on Meridian, and I've read one of her books, too. Funny and cheerful! :-)