Thursday, March 22, 2012

What Would Your Three Writer Wishes Be?

I wrote three blogs today but I deleted them all because they sucked. And now I'm sitting here eating semi-crunchy raisins (that are somehow molded into a giant raisin ball) with my son, singing "M-I-C, see ya real soon, K-E-Y Why? because I like you, M-O-U-S-E." That's the glamorous life of a writer, my friends. Crunchy raisins and Mickey Mouse Club.

But that got me thinking. If I could have a glamorous writer's life, what would it look like?

For me, the first thing would be to have at least two hours of uninterrupted writing time per day, not counting Saturday and Sunday. That would be awesome.

The second thing would be a personal chef to whip up tasty, yet nutritional meals and snacks for me and my family. And this chef would be happy all the time and never scold me about having snacks at my desk when I'm working.

The third thing would be to have a way to share my stories with every romantic suspense reader out there. I think it would be wonderful to have my book covers and info appear in the mind's eye of every man or woman who has ever leaned toward reading romantic suspense.

(A close third would be to have typing actually burn a lot of calories so I could say I exercised two hours a day and you know, would look like I did.)

What would your three writer wishes be?

8 comments:

Debra Erfert said...

Hmmm . . . First wish--an actual office with a huge oak desk, where two walls have floor to ceiling bookcases filled with books, several shelves dedicated to my own published books, of course. The south facing wall would be filled with gorgeous windows overlooking the lush green landscaping personal gardeners would keep in perfect condition year round.

Same wish--my full time job would be writing.

Second wish--I'd dabble in art, just to keep from getting rusty. In the same huge office I'd keep a corner set up for a studio--near the windows. Perfect!

Third wish--Yeah, I like that personal chef wish. And he'd have a luscious foreign accent, but could whip up a fab cheeseburger when I craved one. I've gotten out of the habit of snacks by my computer. It was the only way I could lose 30 pounds. Still, I have another 30 pounds to lose, so . . . Chef Edwardo will need to keep my burger on the lean side. Sigh . . .

Janice Sperry said...

I got my writing wish the day my youngest started first grade. Then I went and ruined it by volunteering at the school 3 days a week. What was I thinking?

Jordan McCollum said...

Oh, man, between yours and Deb's, I can't narrow this down to just three!

Sarah Tokeley said...

I'm pretty sure mine would involve self-cleaning houses and no-calorie chocolate :-)

Tracy Krauss said...

I TOTALLY agree with each and every one of your wishes!

Melanie Goldmund said...

My wishes would include a brain that is overflowing with good ideas that not only appeal to me personally, but also to other people. Then I'd want an extraordinary ability to write realistic characters that everybody can relate to. As for the third wish, hmmm. More bookcases? Always good, yeah. Self-cleaning house? Or even just a self-cleaning kitchen? Personal chef that caters both for meat-eaters and vegans, with low-cal but filling snacks throughout the day? Sounds good to me! Yup, that's my third wish! Except his name wouldn't be Edwardo. Or Jacobo. Or Carlisle-o, or anything else that reminds me of vampires. Something like Richardo Armiteageo would be good. :-)

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

Debra, I could totally go for that office, too!

Janice, I would get one in kindergarten, then have another baby. LOL

Jordan, it IS hard to narrow down, isn't it?

Sarah, I vote for that, too! LOL

Tracy, great minds think alike.

Melanie, Richardo Armiteageo? HAHA. Good one.

Jon Spell said...

#1 : follow Kate Beckett around as my "muse" and offer creative solutions to crime mysteries

#2 : My own private tropical island with perfect internet access and deliveries

#3 : Have a charming, adorable back flap picture that isn't photoshopped

Really, isn't that what everyone wants?