Thursday, November 10, 2011

Are You Participating in the Book Bomb Today?

Writers are a funny group. We can be isolated hermits while we’re plotting out the depths of a novel, but we are also compassionate people with a great ability to empathize and reach out to others. And when one of our own is struggling, we are there for them.

As such, Larry Correia is hosting a book bomb on his website today. Basically, a fellow author friend of mine (and former Six LDS Writers and a Frog contributor) Robison Wells wrote an amazing book called Variant. It is receiving incredible reviews, (Publishers Weekly recently named it one of the best books of 2011). Yet, all of his success has been tempered with the fact that he is having some difficult health problems. (He is dealing with a severe panic disorder.) His attacks have become so severe that he’s lost his job, and with Christmas coming and little kids in his home, we are trying to spread the word and help him as much as possible by a doing a book bomb, which means having as many people as possible buy Rob’s book today, November 10th. It's for a great cause, and is definitely a win/win for everyone. For all the details and to read what Larry thought of Variant, you can click here.

So, bottom line, if you are looking for a fantastic Christmas gift for your friends or family, want to donate a book to your public library, or want to read something yourself on those upcoming cold winter nights, please consider participating in the book bomb and buy Rob’s book today. Click here for the link.

Also, if you could, please feel free to help us spread the word and help out a fellow writer and friend.

5 comments:

kaida said...

Variant sound like a really good book, just purchased it on my Kindle!
Thanks for letting us know about this and best wishes for Rob and his family.

http://kaida-myblogdolcevita.blogspot.com/

Debra Erfert said...

I bought 3 copies yesterday. One for me, one for a young man I know, and one for my sister who loves this genre. I love Rob, and his writing. I guess I should probably buy some more today and donate them to the library just to contribute to the explosion.

I have a mild form of panic attacks. Zanax is a cure when I need them before boarding planes, or climbing on the back of my husband's motorcycle. I could't have slept on our cruise if it wasn't for that little white pill, but in comparison to other's attacks, I don't have anything to complain about.

I'll be praying for Rob, and for his doctors to find him the right meds very soon, or the physical reason for his attacks.

Sarah Tokeley said...

I truly wish I was in a position at the moment to help. I have at least added this book to my tbr list, and when things change I will grab a copy. Thanks for bringing it to my attention Julie.

Melanie Goldmund said...

Well, I thought I might give Variant a pass, as I'm slowly getting sick of dystopian YA lit, but when I found out about Rob's panic disorder and his job, of course I wanted to help, so I've just ordered my copy to-day. :-)

brendajean said...

Thanks for the heads-up Julie. I just bought Variant and picked up another copy of Ribbons of Darkness:) You're an awesome friend- always looking out for others:) Happy day-

bchild5 at aol dot com