Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Word Count Wednesday

Have you entered the contest over at I'm a Reader Not a Writer for a copy of Ribbon of Darkness? No? Well hurry on over and do it! You can enter here

Also, if you are in the Orem, Utah area, the Book Academy conference is tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it. If you are going, come and find me! I'd love to meet up with you.


This has totally been a week of up and down for me. Six of my eight children came down with a horrible stomach flu, so I have been up every night trying to comfort my babies and doing a lot of laundry all day long if you get my drift. It's been quite a trying week.

Oddly enough, I've also had so many ideas running through my head as I've been the nurse this week, that it's really helped my word count. When everyone was lying weakly on the couches or napping, I took a few moments to write everything I'd been imagining down, and really upped my normal count. I also tweaked my first chapter and gave it to my brand new critique partner. I'm interested to see what she has to say.

So what was my word count you ask? *drum roll*

5334

Can you see my (very quiet so I don't wake the sick kids) happy dance? I hope so. :)

How did you do this week?

8 comments:

Melanie Goldmund said...

Oh, dear, I do hope everybody recovers soon and that you don't come down with stomach flu, too!

My word count was just over 500 -- less than one tenth of yours. *sigh* I'm trying to console myself that at least I did something!

Sarah Tokeley said...

Aww Julie, that's sad to hear. I do hope everyone recovers quickly and it doesn't spread any further.

As for the writing. Move along folks, nothing to see here :-(

Debra Erfert said...

I've only nursed a few of my migraines this week. We're having some major weather changes and my head seems to be a barometer when the clouds come rolling in. I don't mind too much. I love when we actually get a little rain, and the temps have dropped down to the 80's. Yay! I have the doors open, letting the cooler wind blow through while I cringe in pain. I hope your little ones get well soon--and you don't come down with the flu in the meantime.

My word count for the week on transforming my novella into a full romance is 5023 as of this morning. Totally it stands at 28,804 with my target word count at 75K.

Congrats on your great word count, Julie. I'm glad you have a critique partner to keep you hopping.

Unknown said...

Just entered the contest and hoping to win your book! Loved the interview too.
Just over 2000 words this week, which is disappointing. But I'm at 65,000 total, so it's coming along I guess.

Gina said...

For the last four weeks, I have not touched my WIP. But this week I WILL have time to work (if I say this enough, it will come true, right? Right?!)

Anyway. It's still wallowing at 50K or so. I'm hoping another 15-20K will have the first draft polished off.

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

Melanie, that's awesome! You're e500 words closer. :)

Sarah, that made me smile. You know how we looky-loos are. :)

Deb, we're almost twins on our word count this week. YAY!

Brittany, that's wonderful. You know I love it when you have word count to report because then I know that story is closer to being done. ;)

Gina, I say that a lot to myself as well. I hope you find some time this week!

Anonymous said...

You have eight children?? How did I not know this? Wow, I'm kind of awe struck now. Hope everyone is feeling better and that the last two don't get sick. Congrats on the word count too.

Charlie Moore said...

Gone to Seattle to see my brothers. No writing.
Get those youngsters feeling better, Julie.