Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Word Count Wednesday

Today I am at a crossroads.  I'm doing the final edit and one of my editorial peeps said the kisses in my new book were too Harlequin-y, so I've been looking at them, analyzing them, and deciding what, if anything, I should change.  I personally don't see the Harlequin-y (what is that anyway?) but I want the kisses to be well done if you know what I mean.

So, my word count is small because it's little tweaks here and there, but this is the best part of being an author, when the book is *thisclose* to being held in my hands.

Yay!

How did you do this week?

4 comments:

Debra Erfert said...

Uh! No, the kisses are not Harlequin-y! They are romantic and to the point, just like Colby's personality. Change them and I'll have to come after you. I know people...

Debra Erfert said...

Oh, I wrote 7,697 words this week and ended up with a total of 66,501 on Relative Evil. Now I'm trying to write a query letter with that terrible two paragraph teaser, and a one page synopsis.

Jon Spell said...

I thought they were well done. The one on top of the refrigerator was a little crazy, but the rest were suitably steamy. I'm sure. =)

No writing word count for me, but I did read about 50,000 words this week, so that should count for something, right? Wrong. Write!

I may get to write something by this weekend, though, if I can get through one more round of editing.

I've been brainstorming with a friend. I had an idea that I think could work to extend the plot so that I have a thicker manuscript. Will keep you apprised. =)

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

Debra, sometimes you scare me. Especially when I read your villains. :)

Jon, that sounds awesome! Can't wait to see what you come up with. :)