Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Word Count Wednesday, Indie-Credible, & September 11th


There are so many things going on today.

In the real world:  So many tender feelings about September 11 and the sacrifice that was made.  I hope you find a moment today to contemplate on the freedom we have and those who sacrifice to preserve that.

In my writing world: my word count was small this week because I'm in revisions, but my story is looking stronger every day.  I had critique group last night and am so motivated to get this thing knocked out of the park.

In my book world: I was interviewed by Dawn Allen!  I'm part of the Indie-Credible event and she's doing a giveaway of my books, a review, and an interview.  The interview is posted today and I might have revealed a secret or two.  You can see it here.

How are you doing today? Are you coming to the sprint tonight?

1 comment:

Debra Erfert said...

I didn't do too well this week on word count, just what I managed to squeak out last week during the sprint. If I can get rid of my headache by tonight, I'll be joining you in the next sprint.

This morning we had our 9-11 memorial dedication at the newly built Fire Station One. The design concept was mine, and the guys stayed (mostly) true to the original concept. We had an honor guard with bagpipes and drums, dignitaries from the city came, from the mayor, all the city council members, retired firefighers and police officers--the fire chief went all out with the unveiling. Media from the "big city" (Phoenix) came. But what touched me the most were the two woman I met. They'd had family members and friends lost when the towers fell. One woman told me, through her tears, that today was the one year anniversary of her sobriety, as she scratched tiny bits of concrete off the rusted two-foot section of I-beam memorial, as a keepsake. I won't be able to view it again without remembering those two women, knowing that while the rest of the world may think about what happened in New York possibly once a year, there are those who live with what happened every day of their lives.