Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Randomness and Theme Songs

I am revising like a madwoman today (the muse has appeared and I must take advantage!)

So, in light of this, I am posting this wacky song that has been going through my head all day as I've been writing.


It's just so sincere and so funny and weird.  I can't stop singing it.  "fish go blub"  And the grandpa in the forest cracks me up every time.

And then I was listening to this song and realized that it pretty much feels like a theme song for Pocket Full of Posies.


I love Imagine Dragons and this song touches something in me.

So there you have it, a peek into my strange creative process today.  What are you listening to?

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Julie, I love "The Fox"!!!!!!

My son showed this to me last week and I'm still singing it. The Grandpa is my favorite as well. I really see this as the creative conclusion of reading a book to a child/grandchild about the sounds of animals. LOVE the dancing in the MV, too. Thanks for sharing...now I have to watch it again!

Debra Erfert said...

Oh, wow, Julie, that last song is heartbreaking. And if it is anywhere close to a theme song for your last book, I better get a boat load of Kleenex before I read it.

The Fox kept my attention all the way through it, and considering I don't usually have patience for things like this anymore, that shows you how much I enjoyed it!

Janice Sperry said...

I was going to post that fox song for my nieces. Thanks for finding it for me. :)

My theme song for my current WIP would be "Do You Know Where You're Going To?" because I don't.

Jon Spell said...

I should warn you that my wife looked at a different video by the same singer and found some fairly suggestive lyrics (not for children)

This one was pretty amusing, though.

In other news, our company, (editorial content removed by author) has booked Imagine Dragons for the year-end company party.

KaseyQ said...

I think my book’s theme song is “Stupid” by Sarah McLachlan. “How stupid could I be/ A simpleton could see/ That you’re no good for me/ But you’re the only one I see.” :-)

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

Cheryl, I sort of thought that about the grandpa, too, but it's so random! Haha

Debra, I'm so interested to see what you think of this book. And I'm glad you watched the whole video. I need company in my weirdness.

Jon, thanks for the heads up on that band and I'm SO jealous about the Imagine Dragons party. Sigh. You are lucky.

Kasey, is that theme song for a character or the entire book? Now I'm curious.