Thursday, September 26, 2013

An Announcement & Some Whining

I found out today that my novel Ashes Ashes was nominated for a Whitney Award!  Since I am in the midst of crazy edits that are KILLING ME, this was welcome news.

Okay, that's exaggerating a bit.  They won't kill me, but I did think about killing off the characters that are causing me the most aggravation. Ha!  As you all know, I'm in the final stage for editing Pocket Full of Posies and I'm so excited to share this book with you, but I want it to be perfect.  I added a new scene and an epilogue, which caused some ripples that have to be smoothed.  Hopefully all this effort will be worth it in the end, though, and you will love the story of Bart and Lucy.  Can't wait to show it to you!

Thanks for being so patient with me during this stressful last stage right before the book comes out.  I appreciate all my bloggy friends so much!  Let's have a big party when this is done, k?  I'll bring the chocolate (if there's any left by then.) Ha!

2 comments:

Debra Erfert said...

Ripples? Can't wait! And congratulations on the Whitney nomination!

Melanie said...

Congratulations on the nomination! I'm also anxious to see the characters left standing at the end of Pocket Full of Posies. And other welcome news: H50 Season Premiere is tonight!!!