Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My Totally Psychic Self & Working Wednesday

Can you believe I called it last night? Fare-thee-well, Romeo. My Dancing World will not miss thee or thy shameless plugs.

As for accountability on my writing this week, it was slow going. My excuse is that I’ve been playing a lot of catch up from being gone to the conference last week. But here's what I've done so far this week.

I outlined my non-fiction book I am working on.

I rewrote my first page on my fiction book that I’m revising, using the feedback from the editors and agents that reviewed it at the conference. It was interesting because my first page was read and it got a lot of visceral reaction from the panel. I was furiously writing everything down and one comment really struck me. “Make me feel like this isn’t something she does every day.” And I took that little statement and ran with it, and while I still have a bit of work to do, I’m really happy with where I’m going and the direction that one sentence pushed me in.

It’s amazing what one little snippet of feedback can do, isn’t it?

2 comments:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I had the same experience with that panel. Kirk made a comment that lit the ole light bulb and now that first page flows much better than it did before.

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

That was such a great panel. They all had such good things to say overall. Can't wait to see your first page, Kimberly!