Thursday, July 26, 2018

When The Universe Plays A Cruel Joke


My teenage son got a debit card yesterday and I was cautioning him about how important it is not to lose it and to put it in your wallet and to keep your wallet safe. We left the bank and went to Old Navy and got a few things and headed home. Fast forward to two hours later when I ran to do some errands and I opened my purse and my debit card was GONE. I literally stared at the empty debit card pocket for thirty seconds because I couldn't fathom that it was gone. It was like some sort of joke the universe was playing on me since I'd just talked to my son about this very thing and now it was happening to me!

I frantically went back out to my car and searched it, drove home and searched the Old Navy bags and retraced my steps. Nothing. No debit card. I called Old Navy and they said it hadn't been turned in. I went ahead and had it put on hold at the bank so it couldn't be used, and searched every last place I could think of. My son was very gracious the entire time and didn't even give me any raised eyebrow looks or make any comments about the mini-lecture he'd received just hours before about not losing a debit card---for which I was grateful. It was mortifying enough as it was! 

Thankfully, just as I was about to head down to the bank to get that card officially cancelled, I thought, "I'll call Old Navy one more time." I did and they put me on hold for fifteen minutes. When the lady came back on the line, she said the two best words: "It's here." So. Much. Relief!

And now both me and my son will be very, very diligent about keeping our debit cards safe. Lesson learned! LOL

No comments: