Monday, December 24, 2012

Meeting the Browns from Sister Wives

So, I have a confession---I watch Sister Wives.  It's a TV show about a polygamous family, Kody Brown and his four wives.  It's interesting to see how they try to make things work and sometimes it's like a train wreck---you just can't look away.  Overall, though, it's been a show that I've enjoyed watching.

On Saturday night I'd had a bit of a stressful day with last minute shopping (for white elephant gifts.)  (I sort of hate those right now) and so my husband took me to my favorite shake shop to unwind.  While we were waiting for our order, Kody Brown walked in with his fourth wife Robyn.  They sat down at the table next to us.  It was interesting seeing them up close---they were shorter than they looked on TV (Robyn was really tiny!) and frankly, Robyn was a lot prettier in person.  They seemed really normal and nice.

We struck up a conversation with them and laughed a bit (over something I said.  I know!  Embarrassing) before we left.  (It's funny now that I'm looking back on it anyway.)  But I'm glad I got to meet them and find a little common ground by talking with them.

Have you ever met anyone famous?  Do you love white elephants?  Are you ready for Christmas morning tomorrow?

1 comment:

KaseyQ said...

I love that show! LOL! My husband won’t watch it- I think it gives him nightmares!

When I was little we lived right outside Middleburg, VA. We stopped at a little general store one day and as my brother and I were walking in, Jacqueline Kennedy O’Nassis was walking out. Crazy!