Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Writer Goal Wednesday

photo credit: plnaugle via photopin cc 


Well, I did something awesome this week that I can't wait to share with you! But first, thanks again to everyone who participated in the blogaversary party last week. That was a lot of fun!

As for my goals, I did some more work on the novella, (I am loving this story!) and I did not work on the revision for On the Edge. I know, I know, it's my perpetual goal, but I know I'll get it done. One of these days. For now, I'm going to leave it on my goal list because I want to see it there and maybe motivate myself a little more.

I worked on the final approval for my audio book of Through Love's Trials. Hopefully I'll be finished today or tomorrow and it will be available for purchase soon after! Yay!

But here's the awesome thing I did this week.  I figured out how to offer one of my books for free! Soooo . . .

*drum roll*

If you sign up for my newsletter, you get an ecopy of my novella Falling Slowly for free! I'm so proud of myself for figuring out how to do that!  Now, if you haven't signed up already, you have an awesome reason to go do it right now.

Goals for next week:

Finish approval for audio of Through Love's Trials
Work on revision of On the Edge
Work on novella

What are your goals going to be this week?

  

2 comments:

Debra Erfert said...

I'm fairly sure I've signed up for your newsletter. Can you tell? I think I remember reading a newsletter, really I do, but then I read so much from you I might be having a false memory. I might need professional help.

If this is Wednesday's post, then we were on the road to Utah--again. The LDStorymakers conference was Friday and Saturday, and I needed to be there on Thursday to get a good spot in the "bookstore" to sell my only published book. We drove back on Sunday. Today is Monday, and that great spot I had for my book? Well, it wasn't all that great. Or maybe David Farland thought it was great too, and placed his best-sellers right next to mine. NO ONE SAW MINE!! I don't blame the average reader. I mean, how could they after being blinded by such a shining star?

I'll get over it. Someday.

So what are my goals for this week?

1) Send out an updated query on A Strange Twist of Fate that Mark Gottlieb critiqued for me. Yeah--he didn't want it, but he did throw his colleague under the bus and suggest that I submit it to her--without my even asking about that. So I used his name in my query. Who knows. Maybe she'll want it. But in the end, it doesn't really matter. I wasn't ready to self-publish that story yet, anyway. I have four manuscripts ahead of it.

2) work on granddaughter's portrait.

3) work on Window of Darkness--third book in the Window of Time trilogy. Block out the four-part-pacing from J. Scott Savage's class (kinda like outlining but not).

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

Debra, the attendees missed out on your awesome book? That makes me sad.

I love your goals for this week! I heard good things about the four part pacing class. You'll have to keep me updated on how that goes.